The PROPSECT Consortium actively presented project results during the 25th International Technical Conference on Enhanced Safety of Vehicles (ESV), sponsored by the United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in cooperation with participating ESV member countries. The conference took place on 5th–8th of June 2017, in Detroit, USA. See the list of published papers:
- Wisch, M. Lerner J. Kovaceva, A. Bálint, I. Gohl, A. Schneider J. Juhász, M. Lindman: “Car-to-cyclist crashes in Europe and derivation of use cases as basis for test scenarios of next-generation advanced driver-assistance systems.”
- Aparicio, L. Sanz, G. Burnett, H. Stoll, M. Arbitmann, M. Kunert, F. Flohr, P. Seiniger, D. Gavrila: “Advancing active safety towards the projection of vulnerable road users.”
- Bruyas, A. Aparicio, M. Kózel, S. Ambellouis, C. Estraillier. F. Moreau, L. Sanz, J. Costa, T. Soltész, M. Bánfi: “Naturalistic observation to investigate conflicts between drivers and VRUs in the PROSPECT project.”
- Seiniger, A. Hellmann, O. Bartels, I. Gohl: “Next-generation Active Safety and Testing: The Horizon 2020 Project PROSPECT.”
Moreover, the following publications were uploaded to our website:
- R. Large, C. Harvey, G. Burnett, C. Merenda, S. Leong, J. Gabbard: “Exploring the relationship between false alarms and driver acceptance of a pedestrian alert system during simulated driving.” – The Road Safety and Simulation conference, The Hague, The Netherlands, 2017.
- A. I. Pool, J. F. P. Kooij, D. M. Gavrila: “Using Road Topology to Improve Cyclist Path Prediction.” – The IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Conference, Redondo Beach, USA, 2017.
- Li, M. Kunert, R. Henze: “Herausforderungen, Anwendungsfälle und Zukunftstechnologien für einen besseren Radfahrerschutz mit hochauflösenden Automobilradaren“ – 11. VDI Tagung Fahrzeugsicherheit, Berlin, Germany, 2017.
- Li: “High-Resolution Radar Based Environment Perception and Maneuver Planning“ – Automated Driving, future Mobility & Digitalization ADFD International Symposium, Hannover, Germany, 2017.
- M. Li, Z. Feng, M. Stolz, M. Kunert, R. Henze, F. Küçükay: “High Resolution Radar-Based Occupancy Grid Mapping and Free Space Detection” – VEHITS 2018, Funchal, Spain, 2018.
A sound benefit assessment of the PROSPECT prototype vehicle’s functionality requires a broad testing methodology which goes beyond what has currently been used. A collection of ‘test scenarios’, representative for all accident scenarios, was required to be defined and specified within the project, resulting in a preliminary test protocol that will be proposed in a final stage of the project to the Working Groups of the Euro NCAP. The preliminary protocol is already uploaded to the PROSPECT project website.
- Deliverable D7.4 “Test protocol as a proposal for consumer testing.”
- Deliverable D8.2 “Policy Support Strategy.”
- Deliverable D8.1 “Project Identity and Website.”